(1)A long time ago, in a kingdom far far away.
(2)A haunting Ice Wizard plagued the land.
(3)The king and queen despaired over what might become of their beloved kingdom and prayed for hope.
(4)However, all was not lost. The queen gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Vasilisa. Vasilisa was no ordinary girl,
(5) she was blessed with a magical fate that could finally bring peace to the kingdom.
(6) The king and queen kept the child hidden and raised her in secret for many years, but eventual word spread over the kingdom.
(7)The Ice Wizard was furious “How dare someone challenge my magical power! No one can beat me! And I’ll make sure they never do…”
(8)He ravaged the land, destroying town after town, storming his way to the castle.
(9) To protect their child, the king and queen left the castle under the cover of darkness and escaped into WinterWood Forest. They travelled as far as they could into the dense woodland.
(10) One morning Vasilisa awoke to find herself alone, her parents nowhere to be seen.
(11)(11.5)Vasilisa called to them. “Mama?” “Papa?” But there was no answer.
(12)She began to wonder through the forest to search for them. A storm started to form and it was getting harder for her to push forwards and see.
(13)Suddenly she bumped into a towering figure.
(14)The figure knelt down to her eye level and revealed a kind face.
“Little girl are you lost?” he asked.
“N..no.. im looking for my parents”
“Where did they go?”
“I-I don’t know, when I awoke they were gone”
(15)“That is true shame. This storm is getting too heavy to travel now. Would you like to take shelter in our cabin?”
“yes, yes please sir, that would be very nice thank you. My name is Vasilisa, what is yours?”
“Not a problem Vasilisa, my name is Otto.”
(16)They arrived at a small cottage tucked away in a clearing. The cottage was warm and cosy.
(17)“Otto, is that you?” a woman called to him.
“Yes, sister. I have guest.”
(18)The woman walked over to where Otto and Vasilisa were stood and looked down upon Vasilisa.
“What is she doing here?” she asked Otto.
(19)“She was lost in forest and storm is getting too strong now.”
“As soon as the storm is over I want her gone.”
“She has lost parents, she has nowhere to go…”
“…” “Fine, she can stay here for a while, little girl, what is your name?”
“M..my name is Vasilisa miss, what is your name?”
(20) Otto disappeared into a room and came back with a thick, large coat and scarf.
(21) “Where do you think your going?” Olga asked.
“To look for parents.”
(22) “You cant go out there! The storm is too harsh!”
“I will be fine. I am strong.”
“I don’t care! Its too dangerous and I don’t want to be left alone with… ‘her’…”
“I won’t be long, I am going now.”
“Fine! I hope you freeze!”
(23,24) Several hours passed and Otto had not yet returned. The storm had calmed and Olga was getting worried.
(25) “He’s been gone far too long… I’m going to go look for him, look after the house.” Olga said to Vasilisa and slammed the door.
(26) Olga frantically searched the forest for Otto and what she found devastated her.
(27) He had been frozen solid.
(28) Olga collapsed to her knees and began crying, he was her brother and the only person she ever cared about and now he was gone.
(29) “Her… Its all her fault! I need to get her gone, now!”
(30) Olga’s sadness turned to anger and she marched back to the cottage.
“We are leaving, Now.”
“Where are we going?”
“Somewhere you’ll be safe…”
(31) and so their tale of two would begin…
- Environment establishment – Trees, Mountains, Sky. Any form of landscape.
- Ice Wizard looming over kingdom – Torso, head and hands of wizard king looming over the top of a town, looking menacing and evil laughing. Not much detail needed in town as long as its recognisable.
- King and Queen – (Vasilisa’s parents) in some form of despair, either hugging each other and crying or looking scared. try to make the background very “royal” Lots of gold and florets ect.
- Baby Vasilisa – from mothers perspective, Vasilisa wrapped in a blanket in mothers arms looking cute.
- Baby Vasilisa – change illustration on face from neutral to happy.
- Unsure on what to have for this one. this is the quote “The king and queen kept the child hidden and raised her in secret for many years, but eventual word spread over the kingdom.”. I shall let Rhian draw whatever she likes for it.
- Ice Wizard – in his fortress going mad. Extremely angry and agitated. This is his line of dialogue to help convey his anger “How dare someone challenge my magical power! No one can beat me! And I’ll make sure they never do…”
- Destroying towns – a town destroyed by ice or fire. Shows ice kings rampage.
- Escaping – The king, queen and Vasilisa escape their castle under the cover of darkness into a forest.
- Vasilisa alone – Vasilisa wakes up in the forest alone.
- Vasilisa calling to her parents – either left or right.
- Vasilisa walking – Vasilisa walking through forest, set of illustrations so it can be built into slight animation. Vasilisa walking normally, struggling because of snow and then covering her eyes as shes being battered by the storm.
- Vasilisa meets Otto – Vasilisa looking up as a large shadow from otto looms over her. Keeps Otto a mystery for now.
- Otto – Kneels down in front of vasilisa so he can talk to her better. make sure he looks friendly and kind.
- Otto – same illustration but with Ottos hand on Vasilisa’s shoulder
- Cottage – Tucked away in a clearing within the forest, not very big or well looked after.
- Otto entering – Otto stood inside doorway with Vasilisa. Mouth open so it looks like he’s talking.
- Otto Olga and Vasilisa – all stood together, olga is looking down at Vasilisa not looking happy that she is there.
- Olga – same illustration but now Olga is looking at Otto instead, still not happy.
- Otto – Putting on big coat and scarf
- leaving – Maybe Otto is stood next to the door but it is closed. Olga has hands on hips looking angry at him with mouth open to make it look like she is talking. Otto also has mouth open.
- Leaving – same illustration but now Olga is shouting at him and looking very angry, Otto has now opened door.
- Olga and vasilisa – sat either side of the fire waiting, Clock above fire place. Leave clock hands blank so i can animate it moving to show time passing.
- same illustration – but now olga is sat forward looking worried.
- Olga – talking to Vasilisa as she leaves the cottage.
- Searching – Olga is frantically searching the forest for Otto, the storm has now passed.
- Otto – Frozen solid
- Olga – on her knees in front of it crying
- Same illustration – but change facial expression to angry.
- Olga returns – to the cabin and shouts at vasilisa.
- they both leave – where the game begins.